- What is an EIC and a VIC ?
- What will it be like ?
- How will I learn ?
- What does an VIC cost and what does the fee include ?
- What is the daily schedule & structure ?
- What is a “Remembering” ?
- The virtual platform, how does it work ?
- What is the format and structure ?
- What are the start and end times ?
- What payment options do I have ?
- How to apply for an VIC ?
- Are sessions recorded ?
- What are the VIC cancellations and refunds policies ?
- Does Peace Factory offer financial support ?
- What is the Waiting list procedure ?
- I attended an VIC before can I attend again ?
- Is attendance of an intensive training still required for a Peace Factory Certified Trainer ?
What is an EIC and a VIC ?
- Normally, the EIC (European Intensive Course) is an 8-day event organised every year by Peace Factory in France, Europe. The VIC is a virtual format of the same course.
- An experiential workshop for developing fluency in Nonviolent Communication
- An opportunity to learn and practice Nonviolent Communication with Peace Factory certified trainers
- A safe environment for personal growth
- A time to make deep connections
- A group of people from different cultures working together toward transformed relationships and social systems
What will it be like ?
- Challenging and supportive
How will I learn ?
- By listening to presentations about various aspects of Nonviolent Communication
- By participating in small groups and through informal practice with other participants
- By remembering the purpose of Nonviolent Communication
- By contributing to other participants and receiving their contributions
What does an VIC cost and what does the fee include ?
- Your contribution to the VIC consists only of a tuition fee for 8 full days.
What is the daily schedule & structure ?
Subject to change to take into account requests during the course
You can check the schedule here
What is a “Remembering” ?
The Remembering Sessions help participants be aware of the purpose underlying NVC. Participants who wish to share may express this remembering with a short exercise, a ceremony, poem, musical selection, a reading, etc. If you would enjoy doing so, please bring materials to contribute to the Remembering Sessions.
The video platform, how does it work ?
It’s an easy to use platform and our technical team who are all trained in NVC are here to help you. Technical glitches are a normal part of any virtual course. Rather than panic and blame, they are handled with grace and support.
What is the format and structure ?
To provide participants with a choice of learning opportunities VIC’s typically operate in a manner that is similar to the principles of Open Space Technology. For more information about the principles, please look at www.openspaceworld.org
What are the start and end times ?
All times quoted are Universal Time Coordinated (UTC)+2 (like in Berlin, Budapest, Cairo, Harare, Kigali, Ljubljana, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Oslo, Stockholm, Warsaw)
On day 1: the scheduled start of the program (first meeting) is at 09:30
On (last) day 8:The last meeting ends at 17:50
What payment options do I have?
We request payment in Euros using Eventbrite.
You can book a place here
How to apply for an VIC ?
You can apply for this VIC by clicking on this registration link and then clicking on tickets.
If you are applying for a scholarship, we ask that your application is accompanied by a Scholarship Request form before the scholarship application deadline. (See the form here.)
Places are based on the sequence in which applications are received and processed.
Once the VIC is filled, Peace Factory creates a waiting list. If the VIC is full when you apply, you will see information on the registration form and your name is automatically placed on the waiting list in the order received. Peace Factory will not request payment unless/until you are promoted from the waiting list and registered into the VIC. There is no guarantee that a space will open up.
Peace Factory will notify you of the status of your application. Notification is usually sent 1-7 days after the application is received.
Are sessions recorded ?
We plan to film and record parts of the sessions at the VIC which do not include a personal or group process. These recording are accessible only by participants for the next 12 months so you can carry on learning from the sessions.
What are the VIC cancellations and refunds policies ?
Peace Factory incurs significant expenses with every application processed, so we request that you refrain from applying for an VIC unless your plans are firm, and you are confident of your ability to attend.
In the event that the VIC 2020 does not take place, the VIC enrollee agrees that Peace Factory shall have no obligation to compensate the VIC enrollee above paid VIC tuition. (In such an event, Peace Factory may offer to reassign the payment to another VIC or Peace Factory workshop, if this is the VIC enrollee’s preference.)
In the event that you cancel your VIC application, Peace Factory will ask how you would like us to handle any monies you have already sent us for the VIC. At your request, prepaid TUITION fees (minus the nonrefundable part of your payment as described below) may be donated to Peace Factory to defray administrative expenses, refunded, or reassigned to a specific, later VIC.
The nonrefundable portion of the fee is €100.
Does Peace Factory offer financial support ?
Peace Factory has a limited number of Tuition Reduction to VICs. Below are the criteria of tuition reduction taken into consideration.
Please remember: To be eligible for consideration, please submit your completed Tuition Reduction Request at least one week before the start of the VIC. The form is here
Late applications will not be considered.
To minimise the chance of disappointing you, we would like you to know that Peace Factory’s tuition reduction funding is limited. We do not expect to give tuition reductions to all, or even most, of those who apply. Please note also that Peace Factory rarely offers reductions to applicants other than those from developing countries. We use the following criteria in selecting recipients :
- Potential of applicant to share NVC widely, especially among populations not already reached.
- Economic need, especially if resulting from circumstances beyond one’s control.
- Previous NVC training (those with more training will generally be given preference over those with less training).
- Connection to the CNVC community, and previous contribution to the Peace Factory community.
- Except in extraordinary circumstances, reductions are not offered to people who have previously attended an NVC intensive course.
What is the waiting list procedure ?
Once the places on the VIC are filled, Peace Factory creates a waiting list. If the VIC is full when you apply (and you will see this information on the registration form), your name is automatically placed on the waiting list in the order received, and your payment is not requested unless/until you are promoted from the waiting list and registered into the VIC. There is no guarantee that a space will open up.
I attended an intensive before; can I attend again ?
Yes. People find great value in attending intensives several time during their NVC journey.
Is attendance of an intensive training still required for a CNVC Certified Trainer ?
Please note the change in language regarding Intensive trainings and certification. In an effort to support clarity and easy access to information, here is the updated language.
We strongly recommend candidates to attend an IIT before becoming certified, but we are no longer in integrity with having a « requirement » in the CPP. So we have come up with the following requests if a candidate does not attend an IIT before becoming certified:
- Multi-day, in-depth, residential training
- International NVC experience
- Areas fully experienced: NVC community (ongoing peer support), spirituality, and social change
- Significant NVC experience with multiple CNVC certified trainers and mentors
Established a connection to CNVC, have a clear priority to support Peace Factory‘s mission, willing and able to renew annual certification
If you have any questions, please contact Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org